For landlords who prefer to deal with repairs and maintenance themselves but wish for Sparks Ellison to collect and process their rent, we offer a Rent Collection service. We market your property, carry out viewings, find a suitable tenant, carry out all background referencing checks via Let Alliance, organise an ingoing inventory, draw up the Agreement and all other necessary legal paperwork. We also collect and register the deposit, and process monthly rental payments.
Monthly Management Charge: 8.5% of rent inc VAT (minimum fee £75)
Set Up Fee: £360 (inc VAT)
For full details of other non-optional charges please see Landlord Fee Sheet
This service is suited to landlords wishing to manage the maintenance issues for their own properties but pass on rent collection duties to Sparks Ellison.
The service includes:
- Property appraisal
- Rental advice
- Preparation of property details including photos and floorplans
- ‘To Let’ board at the property
- Accompanied viewings with updates after each visit
- Negotiations of tenancy terms
- Full tenant reference process using Let Alliance
- Creation of the tenancy agreement (ARLA approved)
- Collection of one month’s rent in advance and security deposit
- Preparation of independent inventory
- Take meter readings and notify all providers
- Holding of tenants’ security deposits and registering with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
- Collection of monthly rent payable and prompt BACS payment less agreed deductions
- Rent chasing if necessary
- Arrange for a check-out after a tenant vacates
- Closure of existing tenant utility account using meter reads
- Deal with any claims for damages arising from the Check-Out Report.
- Monthly statements issued by email or post
If the property is withdrawn by the landlord after the referencing process has started but before the tenancy commences, the landlord will refund the tenant’s referencing fees in full.